Sunday, January 5, 2014

Introductions


Hello, my name is Michelle and I am a student at the University of Arizona. I’m studying Animal Sciences with an emphasis in Business and Production. I will also be applying to the business college fairly soon and hopefully get in to the accounting program here.

At school, I’m very involved. My passion is agriculture and I try to be a part of any club or organization that deals with it. I’m a member of Sigma Alpha, our professional agricultural sorority on campus. I also hold officer positions in both Collegiate 4H and the Collegiate Livestock Growers Association. This next year I will also be on the livestock judging team. When I’m not at school, I work part time at a feed store and at the hockey rink. As you can imagine, my life is constantly going at 90mph and I am in no hurry to slow down either.

I’ve really enjoyed my time here at the university. I’ve met a lot of new friends, partied with the best of them, and have made memories that will last a lifetime. Nonetheless, with the good also comes the bad. Nothing is ever completely perfect and we all have our struggles. The majority of mine happened this past semester; roommate drama, people breaking windows at my house, potential lawsuits, demonic dogs. Literally, image the semester from hell and multiply it by 10.

THAT WAS MY LIFE FROM AUGUST TO DECEMBER!

Towards the end of last year, I kind of reached an all time low. I was binge eating, drinking way to much, stressed out to the max with finals, not sleeping at night, and anything else horrible that you could do to your body. Those choices had their consequences. I was thought to have a thyroid problem (something very uncommon in people my age), I was sleeping at all hours of the day to compensate for the lack of sleep I was getting at night, via blood work I was told I had a severe Vitamin D deficiency and was slightly anemia. I looked so bad that when my mom saw me after a couple of months, her first words were “Wow, you look like someone hit you with a 2 by 4.” Harsh, right?

I know a lot of people say it’s a “new year, new me.” After the chaos of 2013, I am bound and determined to make that happened. I want to take you all on that journey and document this experience for me as well.

This blog is going to be part my diary and part fitness tips. I hope you all enjoy it and maybe learn a thing or two about being healthy, living life on the go, and managing to do it ALL.

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment