Sunday, January 5, 2014

Just Your Stereotypical New Year's Post

A friend of mine, and fellow blogger (I'll post the link to her blog at the end of this post) gave her reader's a mission. She says to make two lists when it comes to the New Year; one of things you accomplished in 2013 and another for things you hope to do in 2014.

When I first sat down to write my list, I thought I would have a lot of problems with 2013. Mainly because the last couple of months have been a struggle. That's one of my problems though. Sometimes I focus so much on the negative that I forget about all the positives. After I put aside all the drama and hardships from 2013 though, things just started coming to me all at once. In fact, I had to condense down my original list so it wasn't too long!

2013 Accomplishments/Experiences
1. Survived my first full year at college.
2. Went on a road trip with my best friend to the wonderful state of Texas and fell in love with Austin.
3. Adopted my dog.
4. Held my first job NOT for my family's company... for a full year.
5. Made it on the U of A livestock judging team AND placed at my first competition.
6. Started paying for my own stuff and not relying so much on my parents (utilities, groceries, gas, ect.)
7. Saw Eric Church, Toby Keith, and many more all at Country Thunder!
8. Rushed for a sorority (not my professional sorority, but a full fledged, beauty queen, OMG sorority!)
9. Changed my major from what my parent's wanted me to do to what I wanted to do.
10. Realized who my true friends were.

Not so bad of a year after all, huh?

Now...

2014 Resolutions/Goals
1. Take better care of myself (i.e eating right, exercising, getting a good nights sleep, ect.)
2. Save more of my money and budget better.
3. Keep my grades up!
4. Kick some ass in livestock judging because some people seem to think I'm not "qualified" enough to do so.
5. Get an internship out of the state for the summer.
6. Update my wardrobe because Lord knows I need it!
7. Become an ambassador for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences for Fall 2014.
8. Be a better mother to my dog ;)
9. Travel, travel, travel.
10. The most important... Stop holding so much hate in my heart towards such irrelevant people.

So readers, what did you accomplish in 2013? I think it's REALLY important to take a step back and look at that. Don't look at what you didn't do, what could have happened, your failures. No, just focus on what you DID do. A lot can happen in a year and there is no way you did absolutely nothing, right? Take pride in what you got done even if it wasn't something drastic. Even with all the chaos towards the end of last year, I still managed to find quite a few things to smile about.

I am closing the 2013 chapter in my life and starting to write a new one. I swear it'll be a New York Time's Best seller ya'll! ;)

Tatyana's blog.... READ IT PEOPLE!
http://lifeandtimesofacollegecowgirl.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you're great!!! :) I love this!! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete